During the months of March and April, we want to help you identify planning opportunities (and spot potential issues) with your tax returns.
If we work together now, we can help identify…
– If you could receive more subsidies to help cover the cost of your health insurance.
– If there are more tax credits you can claim to help offset insurance costs and protect your family or business.
– Ways to reduce your taxable income to reduce Healthcare.gov and Medicare premiums.
– If there was a change in your finances last year and you are paying excess estimated taxes;
– Additional ways to reduce your tax liability for this year; and
– Possible omissions or mistakes made by the tax preparer.
It is opportune to review your tax returns now, because there is still time to address issues before next year (and you may have time to amend returns, if needed).
Reviewing tax returns can be daunting and difficult given the many state and federal complexities and often changing rules. Tracking your exposure to various taxes (e.g. ordinary income tax, capital gains tax, the alternative minimum tax, the net investment income tax, etc.), and your rights to various credits and deductions, requires time and effort.
While the checklists can help you spot great ways to identify all the different opportunities to consider, we are always available to meet with you and discuss your finances and goals, and to identify what the best opportunities are for you.
To assist you in reviewing your filings, we have a checklist for retired taxpayers and one for taxpayers that are still working . Each checklist outlines nearly two dozen considerations to help guide you through your returns and circumstances.
In response to this challenge, we’ve created the two-page “Important Numbers” resource. This quick reference guide covers the most important annual limits as well as figures that are commonly referred to during the year. It includes:
- Tax rates for MFJ, Single, and Estates/Trusts
- AMT annual limits
- LTCG rates for MFJ, Single, and Estates/Trusts
- Standard deductions for MFJ and Single
- Social Security annual limits (including earning limits)
- Full Retirement Age chart
- Social Security taxation summary for MFJ and Single
- IRMAA surcharges
- Retirement plan annual limits
- Traditional and Roth IRA annual limits
- Education tax credits
- Uniform Lifetime Table (abbreviated version)
- Single Lifetime Table (abbreviated version)
- Estate and gift tax annual limits
- HSA annual limits
Want to download the free checklist we offer? Fill out the form below and we will send this valuable information right to your email!